Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Abuse is NOT OK!

This is a very sensitive subject and if you don't have anything nice to say, go ahead and close out of this post!

Having been a victim of abuse, I have no desire what so ever to speak/see my Ex. Here is what I'm talking about http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/jam/rihanna-defends-chris-brown-reconciliation-m-still-going-164442461.html ! To want to reconcile or have feelings to want to keep open lines of communication with someone who has abused you, is beyond what most of us can fathom. To forgive and move forward is one thing but to maintain a relationship with someone who abused you when you were merely dating and there are no kids involved is completely different.

I find it incredibly sad and disheartening that even though it is not her responsibility to a be a role model, girls all around her are watching and could be justifying maintaining open lines of communication with some one who has abused them in the past. If you're young and reading this, IT IS NOT OK. ABUSE IS NOT OK...NO ONE SHOULD (MALE/FEMALE/BLACK/WHITE/MEXICAN/ASIAN...ETC.) have to put up with abuse of ANY form (Verbal, mental, physical, sexual, etc.)!

If you're being abused, tell someone and get out of the relationship/situation. Do NOT accept it and say that it won't happen again. Just Get OUT! I was fortunate enough to have friends help me get out of the situation. Just ask for help if you are a victim of abuse!

On a side note, I am boycotting ALL of her music from this point forward and while I (1 person) will not make a difference, I will take a stand!

No comments:

Post a Comment