Wednesday, September 1, 2010

What would you do with a hundred Million dollars?!?!

My thoughts for the evening......

As many of you know, I just recently started my own blog. As I was in the shower, I couldn't stop thinking about what I was going to write about first....

Before I start though, I would like to say that my posts and topics are going to be very random :)! And for my friends that know me best, I AM an open book. I trust anyone at the drop of a hat (which is sometimes a problem), I have no shame in telling you exactly what's going on in my personal life, and I have no problem telling you where you're failing in your personal life...even if mine isn't perfect! Hell, every one's entitled to their own opinion, right?!?! Oh, and if there is anything that someone wants my two cents on in particular...send me a message on facebook and i'll write about it, it can be anything...Rangers, Triathlons, Men, Dating, Advice on Women, ANYTHING...you name it!!!

Here are my thoughts for tonight....If you had a hundred million dollars in the bank, what is the first thing you would do? Some would buy a new car, a new house, their own island, pay off your debt, take a lavish vacation...the sky is the limit right!

Here is what I would do, I would obviously pay off my debt (starting with my student loans), help my family, and third...I would give it all away! Yep, you heard correctly, I would give it ALL away! I've thought about this many times: what would I do if I were famous, what would I do if I had a million bucks, what would I do if I were rich, etc... I would achieve the most satisfaction out of helping other people. In fact, that is exactly what I would do if I had a hundred million dollars. I would start with helping families who are less fortunate, I would help people who made bad decisions in life and have now cleaned up their act (I believe that everyone deserves a second chance), I would help people who have cancer and can't afford their medical bills, I would lobby to get out of the war in Iraq, I would help children who have parent's that are abusive or addicted to drugs, and I help women who are forced into prostitution or trafficking. There are a million and one things that I would do to help other people. My thought is "Less is More". Who honestly needs anything but the bare necessities?

Take the time to care and do something for others. We may not have the ability to help out much, but do your part. Listen when someone has a problem, put a little more forward to the tithe at church, help a homeless person out, take your old neighbor to the store, volunteer for the salvation army, join Team in Training and raise money for cancer...The sky is the limit!!!

That's all I have for tonight :)!!

Love ya Lots,
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment