Monday, September 6, 2010

You can't cross a bridge that's been burned!

Good Evening Everyone,

How many of you out there have ever had a friend or relationship that burned your bridge? I won't go into details, but I can definitely say that I have & on more than one occasion. I'll be the first to admit that I'm a sucker for letting people in too fast and who's fault is it but my own?!?!?!

As I reflect on some of the friends and relationships that I've had in the past, I can't help but think "Why did I let them in"? Some of the people I've allowed to get close to me, I may have felt sorry for because they were experiencing hard times and other's I sincerely thought they were a good person.  

I'm obviously still a baby @ 24, but the older I get the more acquaintances I have and fewer "close" friends I have. It's starting to become more apparent who I can and can't trust early on. Many of you who know me have heard me say "You can't cross a bridge that's been burned". So what about the people who have burned my bridge once or twice in the past? There are some people that I still hold a grudge towards and for what reason, I'm not sure. I think it's my personal defense mechanism so that I never let my guard down and let them in. 

I however, like most people believe in Karma! What goes around, comes around. If you're reading this and you've burned my bridge in the past, that's ok....the truth WILL come out and you'll get what you deserve. Here is my promise from this point forward. I'm letting go of what's bitter and never looking back.

Xoxo,
Kristen

4 comments:

  1. Good post, Kristen. Very good outlook on things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean! Especially the having fewer close friends as you get older....as you experience new things in life you really learn who is really there for you! One experience for me was when Skylar was born, she had a lot of health problems and before she was careflighted to another hospital she was in an oxygen 'bubble' so nobody could see her except through the nursery windo and I had "friends" that told me to let them know when she was out because they didn't want to come to the hospital if they couldn't hold her! It may seem small but it hurt me because nobody wanted to be there for me and I hadn't even held my daughter. May have been more than you cared to know but I was just making a point that I can kinda see where you're coming from. So anywho! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel ya. My thing is I don't burn bridges like I should and I forgive easy. I don't always let the same people back in my life but keep them as acquaintances most of the time.

    ReplyDelete