Thursday, September 2, 2010

"Hit the Ground Running"

Good Evening Everyone,


As I'm sure most of you are aware, I recently relocated to the white sandy beaches of Destin, Florida :)!


I can't help but relate the feelings that I'm experiencing now to how I felt my Freshman year at St. Gregory's in Shawnee, Oklahoma or when I interned for Congress in D.C. Although Oklahoma is just a short drive away from my family and my internship only lasted a few months, I was invigorated by all of the freedom I had! The thought of meeting new people, experiencing new things, getting involved in different activities and picking up new hobbies. I just couldn't wait to (as my dad would say) "Hit the ground running"!


As I find myself unpacking boxes, throwing out old things and purchasing new things for my condo. I can't help but feel overwhelmed with the same emotions that I had when I made the move to Oklahoma and D.C. I'm anxious to meet new people, hit the beach every weekend, buy my first surf board, train for my first full iron man, go whale watching near the bay.... I'm so anxious to try new things. However, I also find myself missing my family and hoping that they'll be able to visit soon. In the few days that I've been here, I've realized that it's not going to be easy to make the 12 hour drive home to see my family. Yes they're only a phone call away and I can hop on a plane to see them any time I want, but the point is "Family is Family". I'm more conscious of the distance between us and that makes me miss them more!


On the other hand, I must say that life is a journey and I NEVER want to look back on the short time that I'll be granted on this earth and wish that I would of done things differently. You live and learn, I can absolutely guarantee that I'll make some mistakes along the way! But that is what's so great about this journey call "LIFE", you determine your own fate and you have to remember that you're in the drivers seat! Everyone makes mistakes but that the best part...isn't it?!?! You get to learn from your mistakes and make the most out of life.


In the grand scheme of things, being in Florida is just part of the journey that God has laid out for me. I can't wait to see how things turn out and I love the feeling of stepping out of my comfort zone to experience new things.


Remember, YOU are the driver and YOU determine your own destiny. Just make sure that you have God in the passenger seat and everything will work out!


Lots of Love


Kristen

3 comments:

  1. I love how you ended your passage! I can not believe how wonderful of a person you have grown to be as an adult! You are still so young and achieved many things! You may be younger but I def applaud you for all of your achievements!

    <3 Kari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kristen,
    Reading this entry made me remember about 17 years ago when I and my then girlfriend (now wife) decided to come to Oregon, all the way from Leon. You're right, life is about the journey, not so much the destination. Every new beginning is exciting and brings new challenges, but challenges are what make us grow. Glad to hear about you and your new adventures!
    Your cousin in Oregon
    JL

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Kari, i'm glad that you're enjoying my blog :)! I can't wait to get caught up on yours!

    @ Jose Luis, a move from Mexico to Oregon is a BIG move! It's so nice to see that you and your family are doing well :)!!!

    ReplyDelete