Do you ever have those days where you just don't feel like working out?!?! Yep, contrary to what some of you may think...I experience those days quite a bit. Why, i'm not sure....but regardless of how I feel, I always find the motivation to get up and get moving....
I know quite a few of you think i'm obsessed with my workouts so here are a couple of tricks I use to get motivated to go burn some calories.
Tips:
1. Take 2 500mcg of B12 for an extra boost of energy about 30 mins before my workout
2. Eat a few apple slices or grapes
3. Listen to some hiphop/fast paced music to wake me up and get my mood going
4. Call a couple of friends that I haven't worked out with in awhile to go hit the trails with (Thanks Bonnie & Ashley :))
5. Put some cute somewhat sexy workout clothes on...Crazy, but this works! When you feel good about the way you look, you're more likely to strut your stuff and work harder...
6. Download some new music to run to
7. I'll tell myself early on in the day or the night before "Ok, you're doing a 8 mile run later"....This helps me get prepared mentally :)
8. I always, always, always put my workout on my "To-Do" list
9. I'll look at a picture of a HOT celeb...Beyonce for instance...I have big legs so I avoid models :)!
10. I will publicly commit to working out......let's face it, no one wants to look bad so if you say you're going to do something, you'll more than likely follow through...
11. I think about what it's going to feel like when I cross the finish line @ my Triathlon, Half marathon, Half Ironman, Full Ironman, etc....
12. Last but not least...this is obnoxious, but I post my workouts on FACEBOOK :)! A lot of people think it's boastful BUT it makes me feel a sense of accomplishment which helps keep me motivated...So the heck with what people think if it helps me with my training or burn calories :)!!!!
Top 5 Songs I run to:
1. Headsprung-LL Cool J
2. Put it on Ya - Piles
3. Moment 4 Life - Nicki Minaj
4. The Edge of Glory - Lady Gaga
5. Down on Me - Jeremih
With that, it's time for me to go hit the trails and break a sweat :)!
Love you all and thanks for reading,
Kristen


No comments:
Post a Comment